Friday, May 3, 2013

Glen Ford in "Ransom"

  
I was not a big Glen Ford fan, except for his role in "Teahouse of the August Moon".  He and Marlon Brando were both great!  Today on TCM, Glen Ford starred in the original "Ransom", which was released in 1956.  I thought his portrayal of Stannard, the father of the kidnapped boy, was an academy award winning performance. The movie was not, however, a box office success.  That year Ernest Borgnine won for "Marni".  I have not seen the movie, as I was not a Borgnine fan.  My guess is that even when I do see Marni, my vote will still go to Glen Ford.



1 comment:

  1. This is a comment about my Glen Ford blog. WOW! I am not paying enough attention to what I am doing. Anybody who has read my blogs and follows movies knows what a blunder I made. The movie I referred to that won Ernest Borgnine the Academy Award in 1956 was NOT "Marnie" at all, It was "Marty"....for those of you who didn't catch my mistake. For those of you who did, I apologize. It won't happen again.

    ReplyDelete